Maintenance & Engineering Manager
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Job #
Manage the Maintenance and Project function at a highly profitable chemical plant that is part of a large international chemical company. Oversee a staff of 6 Engineers, supervisors and hourly personnel. You will provide oversight to regular maintenance functions and develop long term maintenance and reliability plans. You will also lead the engineering team to implement capital and expense improvement and upgrade projects. This role reports to the Site Manager whom we have known for years. Serve on the Site Leadership Team and Corporate teams.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead with a Zero-Incident Mindset, and support site PSM, quality and security initiatives.
- Coach and develop direct reports to help them grow professionally and deliver strong performance .
- Provide leadership to develop, prioritize and facilitate improvement activities
- Function as site capital coordinator .
- Manage and support offsite resources (internal and external) when needed to assist with project engineering or implementation activities.
- Ensure site mechanical and electrical maintenance systems are reliable
- Represent the site on corporate teams and initiatives.
- Ensure capital projects meet Eastman expectations and conformance to standards.
- Actively involved in hiring and onboarding
- Experience in a PSM facility or similar experience is required.
- Strategic capability to plan for short term and long term capital needs.
- Knowledge of technical & manufacturing equipment specifications with respect to accepted ASME, NBIC, API codes and standards
- Understanding Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Root Cause Failure Analysis, and Reliability Centered Maintenance
- Good organizational and communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to solicit input and support of others at various levels in the organization.
- Experience with SAP maintenance & project systems
- Experience utilizing Stage Gate Capital Work systems.
BS Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering with 10+ years of experience and demonstrated leadership skills
All job listings