Corporate Reliability Engineer
- Houston, Te
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- Job #
The Reliability Engineer drives reliability improvements at multiple chemical plants in Texas. You will provide overall technical support and risk assessments to improve the performance of each plant site. You will work with a central engineering team of Subject Matter Experts and with plant personnel to pursue reliability excellence. This role will have approximately 25% travel.
- Participates in reliability reviews for new designs and plant operation changes, to ensure reliability work practices are incorporated into management of change processes.
- Assists in development of operating envelopes, preventive & predictive maintenance, equipment strategies and FMEA/RCM studies
- Influences decision makers and advocate for reliability behaviors with a positive reliability mindset
- Serve as a bridge between site maintenance and SME functions to communicate and implement best practices in design & maintenance of assets.
- Conducts risk assessments, based on quantitative and qualitative research, to demonstrate appropriate risk to improve work selection process.
- Seeks to characterize various risk-based degradation scenarios, failure modes, and failure effect on all types of equipment
- Develops and delivers reliability training to address identified gaps
- Creates and implements reliability practice improvements
- Lead reliability improvement teams at each site, and responsible for steering the teams towards improved reliability, communicate with stakeholders through regular reporting
- Conduct data mining, modelling and analytics on failure history and uptime to determine failure patterns
- Use reliability tools such as Pareto analysis, Growth analysis, Weibull, RBD modelling, etc.).
• Bachelors of Science in Engineering plus 7 years or more of experience in a chemical plant or refinery
• Must be familiar with analytical/statistical approaches to reliability and be familiar with software such as SAP, Reliasoft or Maximo
• CMRP designation a plus
All job listings