Reliability Transformation Technical Leader
- Baton Rouge, LA
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- Job #
This is new opportunity to work on transforming the performance of a Petrochemical plant. We need a strong leader who has Reliability Leadership and Asset Management experience combined with business acumen. Our client is launching an a Reliability Improvement Initiative that is a three-year cross-functional endeavor to improve the site’s human and equipment reliability. The Transformation Technical Leader role has been created to help drive the site towards the goals of this initiative. The position is full-time with an expected duration of three years and will manage several staff members on the Transformation team. The Transformation Technical Leader will lead activities that result in increased operational reliability of the process units, including utilities. After the initiative is complete, the role will move into a leadership role in one of the following departments: Maintenance, Reliability, Projects or TA Department
Coach and coordinate various continuous improvement activities across multiple areas of the facility including production, reliability and maintenance. You will work collaboratively with the Site Leadership Team along with members of the Corporate Center of Excellence Team to optimize operational processes and policies and identify processes/areas that will enable the achievement of the organization’s performance improvement goals. The right person will act as an ambassador of change and play a major coaching role to implement systems being utilized throughout the organization on a journey towards world class reliability.
- Effectively collaborate with the site Technical Leader(operate the plant) and team to align on overall improvement priorities.
- Lead tasks related to improving operational reliability processes.
- Support organizational capacity assessments to understand technical, administrative, and decision-making capabilities.
- Lead development of capacity building and training plans, and lead trainings and workshops to address key areas of weakness.
- Establish and implement project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high-quality standards, and meet customer expectations
- Develop and execute management plans for time, cost, scope, quality, communications, risk, human resources, procurement, and integration
- Communicate major milestones and identifies potential project risks; conducts regular status meetings to review project activities; manages prioritization procedures
- Evaluate the impacts and risks of changes from multiple perspectives, assigns tasks that are necessary to reduce or eliminate those considerations, determines tentative implementation dates, and tracks results of the implementation
- Develop methods to measure customer satisfaction; obtains feedback at critical milestones and at project completion to ensure that project efforts meeting customer expectations for time, cost, and results
- Anticipate and identify tasks required to support change processing including performing change impact analysis, assigning tasks to project team members, verbally communicating complex issues, verifying that tasks are completed, and communicating implementation status
- Guide and support efforts to improve quality and validity of data, the capacity and functionality of supporting IT systems, and to incorporate technology and the effective use of data into daily operations
- Perform data analysis and develop formulas/approaches to assess performance; summarize findings, interpret, and communicate results and propose recommendations.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Strong leadership focus and business-aligned plant reliability mission, vision, and strategic plan
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Must have at least 10-15 years of relevant professional experience in project management leadership.
- Experience with business plans development and implementation; capacity building programs design and implementation; and business efficiency improvement.
- Strong communication and analytical skills, with the ability to write well-structured technical reports and to perform critical reviews of business plan.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Highly competent knowledge of Project Management methodologies
All job listings