- Houston/Pasadena Area, TX
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits - 9% Company match 401k - 15% Bonus Target
- Job #
At this site of approximately 60 people you will report to the Site Manager and you will provide maintenance and reliability engineering support to the site. The site was built a little over 20 years ago and many of the personnel who helped build the site still work there. At this stage in the plant’s life span it is ready for some equipment replacements and upgrades. They have a need to replace several pumps that have become obsolete and they have dryers that need upgrades. This site makes specialty polymers so it has a variety mechanical equipment such as pumps, compressors, centrifuges, extruders and solids handling equipment. Talk with operations personnel and mechanics to develop their top 10 Bad Actor list and then compare against SAP data’s Top 10. Review corporate reliability standards and conduct gap analysis.
- Lead the Mechanical Integrity program (PSM) and TA planning efforts.
- Improve the reliability of the plant and the equipment by developing and optimizing preventative maintenance practices and using predictive technologies.
- Draft equipment specifications for specific process applications and contribute to projects during planning, scoping and design review phases.
- Enhance Safety, Health, and Environment by improving the aging equipment in the plant.
- Drive quality improvement in the maintenance department and work processes by introducing new technologies and processes.
- Perform root cause analysis of failed components, implement repair strategies and track results
- Maintain applicable required documentation and make sure all efforts comply with relevant codes and regulations such as OSHA PSM, MOCs, etc.
- Participate in PHAs and audits related to the area of responsibility.
- Support and provide input on turn-around activities during all stages in order to meet time and budget constraints
- Develop strategies and follow up on annual and long-term opportunities for equipment.
- Manage the maintenance budget
- Guide the troubleshooting, repair and refurbishment of plant mechanical systems.
- Develop and implement training of both operations and maintenance personnel as needed for MI and Reliability purposes.
BS in Mechanical Engineering and 5 or more years of maintenance and reliability engineering experience in the chemical industry.
All job listings